This job might already be filled.
If you are interested in being part of a cutting-edge, high growth SaaS business, that is changing the way Accounts Payable do business, please apply.
A natural leader with an ability to inspire high performance within Engineering. You will have strong business acumen, well-honed organisational skills and be a proven self-starter and be responsible for adopting, maintaining and implementing best practices within Engineering through example, guidance and training. Your leadership should be a beacon reflecting our cultural values.
- Lead, mentor and support a highly effective team of passionate engineers, fostering a high-performance culture
- You will be expected to lead the Scrum teams in designing and implementing cutting-edge software projects for Accounts Payable, Audit and Procurement professionals
- Be responsible for ensuring that the product vision is realised through excellence in execution with a team that releases to the cloud every few days.
- Serve as part of the senior executive team, working in an interdisciplinary manner with your peers to help deliver the best customer outcomes and business growth
- Enable a culture of creativity, collaboration, speed, innovation and excellence while continuously elevating the quality and calibre of Engineering
- Work closely with the Software Architect to set the architectural direction for our products
- Encourage cross-functional collaboration and empower team members to take ownership
- Ensure that the team feel that their work is meaningful and is making a difference
- Recruit world‐class engineering talent and participate in the process, including attracting, screening, and closing high-calibre candidates
- Participate in strategic planning meetings with product management, architecture design and horizon planning.
- Manage the delivery of software using Agile best practices which increase customer value
- Be the voice of the customer within Engineering
- Set clear expectations, goals, and KPIs for individuals and the team as a whole
- Ensure that Engineering achieves its delivery objectives within budget and on time
- Identify competitive advantages and technological trends for the benefit of FISCAL Technologies
- Track record of delivering business and customer value through technology innovation
- Strong engineering pedigree with the ability to translate theory into practice to drive performance
- First class leadership, capable of building and developing a highly engaged, high performing, diverse and talented team with clearly defined career progression opportunities
- An effective communicator with a strong professional network
- Experienced in building a strong engineering culture through customer obsession and striving for agility, autonomy, quality and security
- Skilled at leveraging data to drive decisions and identify and implement improvement opportunities
- Passionate about innovation and exploring new technologies to drive business performance
- Accustomed to operating in a fast-paced, changing environment where adaptability and navigating ambiguity are key to succeeding
- 15+ years software engineering leadership experience
- 5+ years software development experience building enterprise SaaS cloud-based solutions
- Experience in FinTech / Accounts Payable desirable
- Experience with a wide variety of architectural styles, architectural patterns and design patterns
- Experience leading engineering teams in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Experience leading the design, development, delivery and maintenance of large-scale, high-performance platforms
- Experience with a wide variety of programming languages, platforms and frameworks, including significant exposure to Microsoft variants
- Minimum of an undergraduate degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline
Need any more reasons to work with us?
It’s an exciting time to join FISCAL Technologies as we are expanding which will give you an opportunity to stand out and grow with us.
Established in 2003 and operating in the ‘Fintech’ space, FISCAL has approximately 50 employees, it is an environment where you will have an opportunity to make a big difference, we work hard but have a good time too!
We give back by supporting our chosen charity and hold lots of fun events for employees to take part in. The company has been an award recipient multiple times for being a great place to work and we’re proud to hold a Queen’s award for innovation.
Perks & benefits
A flexible working policy
25 days Annual Leave plus 8 Bank Holidays
Holiday buy & sell scheme
Employer pension contribution
Employee bonus scheme
Cycle to work scheme