Spreedly is the world’s leading Payments Orchestration solution. Our vision is that the world is better with a diversified, inclusive payment ecosystem. Our mission is to accelerate commerce with an open, secure, and flexible payment platform that welcomes all payment participants. Backed by Spectrum Equity, with a $75M investment, Spreedly is experiencing rapid growth.
Connecting to multiple payment services, known as payment orchestration, is the new standard. With Spreedly’s PCI-compliant cloud solution, merchants can connect to multiple payment services simultaneously, optimize their payment stack, control card data, and accept alternative payment types.
Our employees help us execute against our vision through building a culture focused on autonomy, transparency, and collaboration in a dynamic, high-growth organization.
We are seeking an experienced User Experience Specialist (UX) with a proven track record of delivering solutions which address customer’s most challenging problems. You will be responsible for conducting required research, developing designs for testing and adoption, creating prototypes, and delivering finished product designs for the product and engineering group.
The ideal candidate will possess experience communicating and collaborating cross functionally with engineers and product managers in a fast-paced lean environment. The ideal candidate must be a self-starter, demonstrate a strong technical acumen and understand how and why product design will bring value to customers. You will work with product teams on defined projects, taking business requirements of new features and translating them into wireframes and low-fi/hi-fi mockups for delivery to the development team with minimum supervision.
- Create user-centered designs by considering market analysis, data, customer feedback, user research and technical constraints/opportunities for our payments platform
- Clearly articulating concepts and design decisions to Product Managers and Engineers
- Prototyping and iterating based on customer feedback
- Promoting usability best practices
- Contributing to the newly rebranded Spreedly design system and maintaining consistent visual and interaction patterns
- Translate research findings into usable, efficient and effective user experiences
- Conduct user research and user interviews to better understand the target audience
- Serve as a subject matter contributor in the area of user experience and design
- Clearly and quickly iterate on ideas with cross functional teams
- Design solutions that meet Accessibility guidelines
- Empathetic and humble
- Enjoy working in a highly collaborative environment
- Comfortable with all aspects of product design: user research, prototyping, interaction design and visual design
- 5+ years of product UX design experience
- Experience working closely with Product Managers and Engineers to ship real product
- Design and deliver innovative end-to-end user experiences that are grounded in customer insights, business goals and technology.
- Design system experience
- Experience designing a SaaS offering targeted towards developers as well as areas that are consumed by business users.
- Data-driven - use data to inform design decisions
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Experience designing for accessibility
- Located in Eastern Standard Time (EST), or willing to work an adjusted schedule based on EST
- Data visualization experience
- Experience working with distributed teams
- Ability to write or give feedback on UI & product marketing copy
- Competitive salary + Equity
- Outstanding Medical and Dental Insurance: Premiums are 100% company paid for employees and families
- Note: We offer two PPO health insurance plans: A traditional copay and a high deductible with HSA. Spreedly contributes $1,200/$2,400 per year to the HSA for those choosing the high deductible plan
- Life and long-term disability insurance
- Optional Vision insurance and various Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Open Paid Time Off policy + 12 weeks paid leave for new parents
- Matching 401k plan (5% up to $5,000 yearly)
- Monthly digital lifestyle stipend ($150), new Macbook, and $200 accessory reimbursement
- $3,000 annual Professional Development stipend and free LinkedIn Learning subscription
- Flexible, remote friendly work environment
- Quarterly visits to HQ for remote employees
Spreedly is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion. We actively work to drive out even unintentional discrimination in our hiring processes via practices like blindly graded work samples, structured interviews, and diversity awareness training.
Due to the sensitive nature of what Spreedly does- handling payment data- candidates must complete a successful background check. If you have concerns along those lines, please discuss with us sooner rather than later- we do not want you to waste time in the hiring process and get disqualified at the end if we can help it.
Spreedly has implemented a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for all in office and in-person company meetings, including mandatory quarterly all hands event.
Some of our positions are open to remote applicants. If this is the case it will be sited in the job posting just below the position name. Unless otherwise stated, remote positions are open to candidates in the contiguous US only. We are not set up to support remote employees from CA, NY, or outside the contiguous US. All applicants must have a US work visa.
We appreciate your interest in our company. Because of the high volume of resume flow, we may only respond to those candidates that we think will be a potential fit.