Who We Are:
Bandwidth (NASDAQ: BAND) is a global communications software company that helps enterprises connect people around the world with cloud-ready voice, messaging and emergency services. Backed by a network reaching 60+ countries covering 90 percent of global GDP, companies like Cisco, Google, Microsoft, RingCentral, Uber and Zoom use Bandwidth’s APIs to easily embed communications into software and applications. Bandwidth has more than 20 years in the technology space and was the first Communications Platform-as-a-Service (CPaaS) provider to offer a robust selection of APIs built around our own global network. Our award-winning support teams help businesses around the world solve complex communications challenges every day.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
What We Are Looking For:
**Ohana Child development center provides the highest quality Montessori/RIE based programming for children 4 months to 5 years of age. Ohana Child Development Center serves the families of Bandwidth employees, and is located in the Bandwidth Raleigh NC Headquarters (Athens). Ohana is looking for qualified, passionate guides and caregivers who are dedicated to providing respectful, encouraging and cognitively stimulating programming for the children in their care. We are recruiting teachers who are open to learning and continuing education, and who want to work in a collaborative environment (sharing their knowledge and learning from others). Ohana guides will partner with Bandwidth families to provide encouragement and support that best serves the children, and give continuous feedback to families regarding their children’s development and individual needs. **
What You’ll Do:
- Coordinates with a lead guide to plan and prepare the environment using Montessori/RIE principles.
- Managing physical care of children (including diapering and toileting) using Montessori and RIE techniques.
- Ensure the daily care of every child by following all school/ classroom procedures and standards as well as all licensing guidelines.
- Ensure visual supervision and child safety at all times.
- Observing and documenting observations regularly for each child.
- Preparing and maintaining the environment based on observations of the needs of the children.
- Maintaining a safe, clean and organized classroom environment
- Providing appropriate communication and feedback to parents.
- Models appropriate pro social behavior and redirects children when appropriate using positive discipline strategies.
- Form relationships with families, children, and co-teachers that are respectful of individual differences and culture, family styles and cultural/socioeconomic diversity.
- Meets regularly with co teachers to discuss observations, environmental design, curriculum planning, and challenges to ensure all guides are coordinating and collaborating.
- Provides developmental reports to parents and conducts parent conferences three times per year
- Communicates important information to co teachers regarding aspects of the children and classroom.
- Maintain a professional self-image and project the values of Ohana and Bandwidth at all times.
- Keep up with required training hours & certifications according to licensing
- Be open to applying new teaching, learning strategies as directed by the Director and the Ohana Board
- Attend faculty meetings regularly
What You Need:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3 years working in an early childhood program, preferably with infants
- Child development knowledge
- Experience with Montessori/RIE caregiving techniques
- Skilled in observation techniques and documentation
- Communication skills (oral and written)
- Works in a normal Child Development Center environment
- Must be able to lift, move, or hold children with weight up to 60 pounds.
- Must be able to observe children from various distances.
- Must be able to lift children from various heights.
- Must be able to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, reach with hands and arms and use hands to finger, handle or feel.
- Must have the ability to navigate uneven outdoor terrain for limited periods of time in various mild to moderate weather conditions.
- B.A. or B.S. early childhood education or child development
- MACTE accredited Montessori certification
- 5+ years working in Montessori infant/toddler environment
- Positive Discipline
- Fluency in languages other than english.
The Whole Person Promise:
At Bandwidth, we’re pretty proud of our corporate culture, which is rooted in our “Whole Person Promise.” We promise all employees that they can have meaningful work AND a full life, and we provide a work environment geared toward enriching your body, mind, and spirit. How do we do that? Well…
- 100% company-paid Medical, Vision, & Dental coverage for you and your family with low deductibles and low out-of-pocket expenses.
- All new hires receive four weeks of PTO.
- PTO Embargo. When you take time off (of any kind!) you’re embargoed from working. Bandmates and managers are not allowed to interrupt your PTO – not even with email.
- Additional PTO can be earned throughout the year through volunteer hours and Bandwidth challenges.
- “Mahalo moments” program grants additional time off for life’s most important moments like graduations, buying a first home, getting married, wedding anniversaries (every five years), and the birth of a grandchild.
- 90-Minute Workout Lunches and unlimited meetings with our very own nutritionist.