This job might already be filled.
The Technical Engineering Manager will be responsible for individual technical decisions made by the team and ensuring their teams' technical complexity is manageable, that they are working collaboratively with adjacent teams, and jointly defining Objectives and Initiatives with other management and stakeholders that contribute to large strategic efforts. Responsibilities include:
- Contribute in both a technical lead capacity and as a people manager;
- Manage the team to effectively develop and deliver projects at any stage;
- Actively engage and influence product development via participation at planning sessions, code and design document reviews, and other channels;
- Coordinate and collaborate on cross-team projects and provide a strategic impact on a combination of areas that include multiple teams, a very deep technical problem, and/or a long-term problem;
- Provide short to medium term strategic direction for aspects of the technology stack, identify areas of critical need based on future growth, and develop roadmaps to address these issues;
- Work collaboratively with team leadership (Agile, Product, and Design) to set and communicate reasonable roadmaps, schedules, milestones; and to establish reliable, thorough, and high-velocity build, test, release, and sustainability processes;
- Work collaboratively within the team and effectively resolve technical conflicts;
- Help grow and build team members by proactively seeking opportunities for team members to further enhance skill levels and development plans; and
- Proactively remove technical roadblocks for team members.
Employer requires a Bachelor's degree in computer science, software engineering, or a closely related field, as well as at least five (5) years of work experience writing in a modern, compiled programming language such as Go, C, C++, C#, Objective-C, Swift, or Java. In addition, the employer requires the following:
- Demonstrated ability leading a technical team of software engineers in order to deliver customer-facing software products gained through at least one (1) year of work experience in a software lead role;
- Demonstrated ability conducting design and code reviews, troubleshooting code, and providing direct architecture and design decisions for complex software systems gained through at least two (2) years of work experience in a lead software engineering role or similar lead role;
- Demonstrated ability leading a technical team of software developers while working in an agile development environment working in two (2) to three (3) week sprints gained through at least one (1) year of work experience; and
- Demonstrated ability identifying and implementing best practices in a cloud development environment gained through at least three (3) years of work experience.
All years of experience may be gained concurrently and prior to obtaining a bachelor's degree.
Telecommuting may be permitted as long as the employee is based in the Raleigh, NC region as the employee must conduct regular visits to company offices in the Raleigh, NC region.
This position is eligible for Pendo’s Employee Referral Program.
Qualified candidates can submit resumes to:
Attn: Req #1100
301 Hillsborough Street, Suite 1900
Raleigh, NC 27603