This job might already be filled.
Please note this is an on-site role at our headquarters in downtown Durham, NC. To maximize collaboration and speed, our current policy is a minimum of three days per week in the office.
Who We Are
Arpio is building the next generation of disaster recovery for the cloud.
Modern enterprises face a growing list of threats to their cloud applications, including outages and ransomware. With the increasing complexity of cloud-native environments, building and managing disaster recovery environments is challenging, time consuming, and full of risks. That’s why, at Arpio, we have built a best in class SaaS offering that makes it easier than ever to protect entire AWS workloads from catastrophic downtime.
Behind the scenes, we are a small but mighty team (YCombinator W21) who love to tackle hard problems and learn new things. We are fired up about working together to build and grow an innovative new product and company from the ground up.
Arpio was recently recognized in Gartner’s 2023 Hype Cycle in the emerging Cloud Infrastructure Recovery Assurance Software category and leads G2’s ranking in customer satisfaction.
About the Role
As the first member of our GTM team, the Solution Architect will play a critical part in helping prospective enterprise customers understand and discover how Arpio can help them deploy, manage, test and run cloud disaster recovery more easily. In this unique position, you’ll be working hand-in-hand with the CEO to “download” his knowledge and then advance our SE practice. It will be critical for this person to deeply understand the nuances of customer cloud environments and resiliencies strategies, highlight where Arpio will deliver value, and ultimately create a blueprint to solve their challenges around disaster recovery. There is management potential as the team grows.
- Create and deliver product demos and other presentations highlighting product functions, business value, and competitive differences.
- Prepare and maintain technical customer presentation materials.
- Collaborate with cross-functional leaders to identify customer needs, necessary engineering adaptations, and additional services needed.
- Serve as a primary point of contact and solution engineering for Proof of Concept engagements.
- Partner with Customer Success team to transition new customers post sales through onboarding
- Guide potential customers’ staff by providing technical information and training (including some on-site visits).
- Provide technical product expertise as needed on cloud and hybrid cloud engineering, networking, and resilience strategies in the cloud
- Be a true thought leader in the space, while partnering with product and marketing to develop technical content for marketing campaigns, conferences, and more
- Consistently develop broader market awareness by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies
- Help create and define the SE function at Arpio
About You - Requirements
- 4-6 years minimum as a sales engineer, solution engineer or solution architect at companies in similar spaces with track record of success
- You are a true expert in AWS, including how to set up and deploy common environments.
- You love collaborating with customers to understand their needs. You’re great at getting to the core of a customer problem and developing the best solution to meet their needs
- You are an excellent communicator, with top notch presentation skills and the ability to take complex concepts and make them easily understood
- You are comfortable with the fast-paced, ambiguous nature of an early stage company and excited about the opportunities it presents
- You have a passion to win and deliver customer results
- Located in the greater Durham, NC area
About You - Bonus
- Experience specifically in the backup or disaster recovery spaces
- AWS certifications
- Startup experience
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive salary and company equity package
- Fully employer-paid health benefits package; 75% employer-paid dental, vision and life insurance
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Small, collaborative team environment with lots of autonomy
- Opportunity to learn and work on the cutting edge of cloud technology
Please note that we unfortunately cannot sponsor H1B visas at this time.