This job might already be filled.
**Nice to meet you! **
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence – and questions into answers.
We’re also a debt-free multi-billion-dollar organization on our path to IPO-readiness. If you’re looking for a dynamic, fulfilling career coupled with flexibility and world-class employee experience, you’ll find it here.
**About the job **
Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, then you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences, or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
The SAS Cloud Operations Team is looking for an energetic and passionate individual to support SAS customers in our regulatory hosted environments. Our collaborative, fun, and innovative team partners together in a fast-paced environment, to foster creativity and support the contribution of new ideas. We strive to make a difference each step of the way!
**As a Senior Systems Developer you will: **
- Collaborate dynamically with both internal and external SAS customers to offer expertise, mentoring and best practices related to enterprise application technology and architecture.
- Provide hands-on administration, maintenance, and installation of SAS Enterprise software and solutions for SAS Cloud customers hosted and remotely managed customers in our regulatory environments.
- Manage day-to-day work through SAS Cloud ticketing systems using ITIL best practices for Incident, Problem and Change management to meet and support Service Level Agreement requirements SAS Cloud customers, providing timely ticket updates with quality and frequency.
- Configure, manage, monitor, and debug mid-tier software.
- Manage, monitor, and maintain container-based applications deployed in cloud container services.
- Diagnose, document, report, and resolve system problems including the creation of runbooks, knowledge base articles, and wiki content.
- Work with global R&D, Product, Technical Support, and SAS IT teams to drive customer satisfaction and ensure service quality across all our hosted and remote managed customer environments.
- Participate in an on-call rotation (paid)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or related quantitative field.
- 8+ years of technical experience including:
- 1+ years of experience Enterprise Platform Support
- 2+ years of experience in systems support, user support, customer support, consulting, or training for enterprise class software and/or hardware.
- 2+ years of experience with Linux or Unix supporting enterprise class applications.
- Excellent troubleshooting
- Working knowledge of various tools, open-source technologies, and cloud service
- Equivalent combination of related education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications.
- You’re curious, passionate, authentic, and accountable. These are our values and influence everything we do.
- 3+ Years of system administrator consulting
- 8 years of scripting in more than one language, architecting infrastructure and system designs.
- Experience working in complex computing environments
- Previous experience supporting Fed Ramp customers or customers in a highly regulated environment.
- Awareness of critical concepts in DevOps and Agile principles
- Configuration and managing databases such as MySQL, Mongo
**World-class benefits **
- Comprehensive medical, prescription, dental and vision plans with a low annual deductible and copays.
- Onsite Health Care Center (HQ) that’s free to employees and covered family members.
- Onsite pharmacy (HQ) where a 30-day supply of any generic drug costs $5 or less. Not local? They ship for free.
- An industry-leading 401k plan.
- Generous time away including vacation time, a variety of paid holidays, and our much-loved U.S. Winter Wellness Break between December 25 and January 1.
- Volunteer Time Off, parental leave and unlimited paid sick days.
- Generous childcare benefits for all full-time employees
**Diverse and Inclusive **
At SAS, it’s not about fitting into our culture – it’s about adding to it. We believe our people make the difference. Our diverse workforce brings together unique talents and inspires teams to create amazing software that reflects the diversity of our users and customers. Our commitment to diversity is a priority to our leadership, all the way up to the top; and it’s essential to who we are. To put it plainly: you are welcome here.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Know Your Rights. Also view the Pay Transparency notice.
Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
SAS only sends emails from verified “sas.com” email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. If you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from, or on behalf of SAS, please contact Recruitingsupport@sas.com.