Spreedly is the world's leading Payments Orchestration solution. Our vision is that the world is better with a diversified, inclusive payment ecosystem. Our mission is to accelerate commerce with an open, secure, and flexible payment platform that welcomes all payment participants. Backed by Spectrum Equity, with a $75M investment, Spreedly is experiencing rapid growth.
We now serve 600 customers globally. Many of these direct customers are platforms and marketplaces that have thousands of their merchants leveraging our payments platform. Our customers include industry leaders in digital goods, order ahead and delivery, online marketplaces, donation/giving platforms, event ticketing, and financial services.
Our employees help us execute against our vision through building a culture focused on autonomy, transparency, and collaboration in a dynamic, high-growth organization.
As a **Senior Support Engineer **at Spreedly, your main role will be responding to inbound support requests from our customers in a timely fashion and ensuring they have an exceptional customer experience. You will become an expert in our product's functionality and will be able to provide technical guidance to our customers when they require it. You will spend time answering technical questions, gathering required data from customers, troubleshooting, researching, and trying to reproduce any issues before logging internal bug tickets. By being an internal advocate for our customers, you will help reduce any friction time they experience along the way - joining customer calls when needed and facilitating investigations with other internal teams to ensure the fastest traction is provided on issue resolution.
Keeping with Spreedly's values, you will continuously collaborate, share information, and be fully transparent with the rest of the Support team and Spreedly at large, as your role will provide you with unique customer insights that may help enhance the products, services, and mission of Spreedly. This role will also provide the opportunity to coach others and assist with knowledge transfers, as well as contribute to key projects and team initiatives.
- Resolve customer integration questions and issues via email support and video conferencing, as required
- Become an expert on the Spreedly API and related product offerings
- Take ownership of escalated tickets and work to resolve
- Apply proper troubleshooting, data gathering and full research to customer issues while maintaining a keen sense of urgency with regards to customer impact
- Foster team and customer education and self-service by creating, enhancing, and maintaining internal and external documentation
- Assist new customers in the migration of their data to Spreedly
- Assist other Support team members with consultations and ticket escalations
- Develop and deliver training for other team members
- Seek out and execute new ways to optimize and automate team processes and responsibilities
- Track feature requests and product feedback, deeply understanding the customer use case, value, and impact
- Provide early and proactive feedback on feature development, training, and documentation
- Work cross-functionally with other Engineering teams to ensure timely resolutions
- Continuously advocate for customers internally by discovering, analyzing, and communicating any gaps or friction in the customer experience
- Participate in on-call technical rotations, as needed
- Become a go-to resource for peers, other internal parties, and customers and advise on best solutions
- Help assess customer impact of any issues or changes and use this information to effectively drive timely solutions
- Assist the organization with process improvements and promote operational excellence
- Associate’s degree and/or equivalent education required
- 4+ years of technical customer service experience, supporting both technical and non-technical customers
- Experience supporting and testing APIs
- Advanced technical troubleshooting skills with an eagerness to take a data-driven approach to researching and solving problems, creating documentation, and iterating based on what was learned
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a strong desire for collaboration within a team environment
- Capacity to thrive and show ability to work autonomously and asynchronously with minimal supervision
- Familiarity with support and project platforms such as Zendesk, Jira, GitHub
- Well-versed in KPIs and positively influencing metrics within an organization
- Leadership skills and a proactive approach to problem-solving, coaching others, and delivering training or knowledge transfers
- Competitive salary + Equity
- Outstanding Medical and Dental Insurance: Premiums are 100% company paid for employees and families
- Note: We offer two PPO health insurance plans: A traditional copay and a high deductible with HSA. Spreedly contributes $1,200/$2,400 per year to the HSA for those choosing the high deductible plan
- Life and long-term disability insurance
- Optional Vision insurance and various Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Open Paid Time Off policy + 12 weeks paid leave for new parents
- Matching 401k plan (5% up to $5,000 yearly)
- Monthly digital lifestyle stipend ($150), new MacBook, and $200 accessory reimbursement
- $3,000 annual Professional Development stipend and free LinkedIn Learning subscription
- Flexible, remote friendly work environment
- Quarterly visits to HQ in Durham, NC for remote employees
Spreedly is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion. We actively work to drive out even unintentional discrimination in our hiring processes via practices like blindly graded work samples, structured interviews, and diversity awareness training.
Due to the sensitive nature of what Spreedly does - handling payment data - finalist candidates must complete a successful background and reference check.
Some of our positions are open to remote applicants. If this is the case it will be sited in the job posting just below the position name. Unless otherwise stated, remote positions are open to candidates in the contiguous US only. We are not set up to support remote employees from CA, NY, or outside the contiguous US. All applicants must have a US work visa.
We appreciate your interest in our company. Because of the high volume of resume flow, we may only respond to those candidates that we think will be a potential fit.