IXL Learning, a leading edtech company with products used by 14 million students worldwide, is seeking Software Engineers who have a passion for technology and education to help us add new features to our three extremely successful educational products and build new, innovative products. We find it immensely satisfying to develop products that impact the lives of millions, and we are eager to have you join our team.
This is a full-time position with a hybrid schedule in our Raleigh, NC office.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Work with a team of talented engineers, both starting projects from scratch and also working within the existing code base
- Build the back-end wiring, application logic, and UI for our products
- Drive the development process for your team, including design, coding, documenting, testing, debugging, and tuning
- Provide accurate estimates, evaluate feasibility, and assess new platforms and technologies for project implementations
- Collaborate and communicate clearly across multiple development teams to design and release amazing products
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- 4+ years of experience in software engineering
- Bachelor's or advanced degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
- Excellent programming skills in Java or other object-oriented language
- Strong communication skills
- Strong analytical-reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Passion for improving education through technology