This job might already be filled.
Senior, Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)- Remote or Hybrid
Nice to meet you!
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence - and questions into answers.
We’re also a debt-free multi-billion-dollar organization on our path to IPO-readiness. If you're looking for a dynamic, fulfilling career coupled with flexibility and world-class employee experience, you'll find it here.
About the job
The Health and Life Sciences R&D leadership team is looking for a Senior, Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) to join a team expanding test automation to increase quality while reducing time to market as we continue to release cloud-first, cloud-native, as-a-service offerings.
As a Senior SDET, you will:
- Create and maintain high quality of test automation using modern development techniques and provides key data points to support metrics-based decision making.
- Apply automated tests at every layer of the application stack, both inside and outside of the continuous delivery pipeline.
- Produce and analyze metrics that illustrate the quality of applications and develop insight that drives the direction of quality engineering.
- Work with team to promptly triage test failures with precision and accuracy, maintaining the health of the build pipeline.
- Work collaboratively with development, product, operations, and support peers to encourage quality, as a key design element in all work efforts.
- Engage in code reviews for product, test, and infrastructure code.
- Drive enhancements to observability that elevates the resiliency and robustness of your applications under test.
- Customize deployment, migration, security, and performance in the continuous delivery lifecycle.
- Improve mean time to resolution by leading triage with precision and accuracy, maintaining the health of the build pipeline.
- Provide mentorship through code reviews for both product, test, and infrastructure code.
- Forge partnerships with Development to design and execute effective testing strategies.
- 8+ years of experience as a Software Development Engineer in Test
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field, preferably in Computer Science or related field
- Equivalent combination of related education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications.
- Strong knowledge in related programming languages, operating systems, development tools, procedures, and methodologies applicable to test automation such as Python, Java, JUnit, Playwright, Typescript, Selenium, etc.
- Fluent with REST Interfaces, OpenAPI specs
- Proficiency authoring and maintaining Dockerfiles.
- Understanding of Kubernetes components and cloud provider offerings.
- Familiarity managing container image versions within container registries.
- Proficiency building and maintaining CI/CD solutions
- Familiarity with CI/CD infrastructure, platform configuration, integration, and secret management.
- Fluent in at least one public cloud interface.
- Ability to develop creative solutions to complex problems
- Ability to lead projects and adapt to changing priorities and deadlines
- You’re curious, passionate, authentic and accountable. These are our values and influence everything we do.
- Comprehensive medical, prescription, dental and vision plans with a low annual deductible and copays.
- Onsite Health Care Center (HQ) that’s free to employees and covered family members.
- Onsite pharmacy (HQ) where a 30-day supply of any generic drug costs $5 or less. Not local? They ship for free.
- An industry-leading 401k plan.
- Generous time away including vacation time, a variety of paid holidays, and our much-loved U.S. Winter Wellness Break between December 25 and January 1.
- Volunteer Time Off, parental leave and unlimited paid sick days.
- Generous childcare benefits for all full-time employees.
Diverse and Inclusive
At SAS, it’s not about fitting into our culture – it’s about adding to it. We believe our people make the difference. Our diverse workforce brings together unique talents and inspires teams to create amazing software that reflects the diversity of our users and customers. Our commitment to diversity is a priority to our leadership, all the way up to the top; and it’s essential to who we are. To put it plainly: you are welcome here.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Know Your Rights. Also view the Pay Transparency notice.
Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
_SAS only sends emails from verified “sas.com” email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. If you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from, or on behalf of SAS, please contact _Recruitingsupport@sas.com.