At Spoonflower (part of the Shutterfly family of brands), our mission is to inspire individuals to make, buy and sell unique products built around color and pattern. Our e-commerce website allows individuals to create, sell, and shop for unique fabrics, wallpaper, and home décor. Spoonflower’s global marketplace connects our customers to more than 8 million designs by independent artists worldwide.
Spoonflower seeks an experienced and highly motivated Senior Search Engineer to join our search team. As a Search Engineer at Spoonflower, you will work closely with product managers, designers, and engineers to guide and implement new search features and functionality to provide the best e-commerce experience to our customers. In addition, you will work as a critical team member to shape the future of search and analytics at Spoonflower.
What You'll Do Here:
- Support fast iterations of Spoonflower Search business and further enable product growth.
- Build a fast and robust Search product by optimizing system performance and improving service stability.
- Make recommendations towards the development of new code or reuse of existing code.
- Collaborate with product managers, UX designers, and other developers to identify requirements, develop specifications, and implement solutions.
- Mentor junior engineers and provide guidance and feedback on their work.
- Work with the team to identify and resolve technical issues and bugs.
- Participate in code reviews and provide constructive feedback to other engineers.
The Skills You'll Bring:
- 8+ years of software development experience utilizing modern languages and frameworks including NodeJS,
- 5 years of specific search engineering experience in large-scale search technologies, such as Solr and Elasticsearch.
- Experience as a technical team leader.
- Significant programming experience in a structured software development environment.
- Significant experience designing, developing, and supporting large, enterprise-class solutions.
- Experience deploying cloud-hosted applications.
- Ability to quickly and accurately estimate the cost and effort needed to deliver a feature.
It's Not Required But It's Nice To Have:
- Experience with e-commerce
- Experience with ElasticSearch
- Experience with NodeJS
- Experience with AWS or other cloud computing platforms
- Experience with managed search solutions
About the Technology:
Our systems are built on, and we are looking for experience in the following:
- NodeJS (Typescript)
- React (Typescript)
- Event-driven solutions (Kinesis, SQS, Kafka, Pub/Sub)
- AWS Cloud Services
- Headless commerce and cms technologies (commercetools, composeable, contentful)
Supporting a diverse and inclusive workforce is important to Shutterfly not only because it directly reflects our value of Embracing our Differences, but also because it’s the right thing to do for our business and for our people. Learn more about our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at Shutterfly DE&I.