This job might already be filled.
CData Software is looking for a Senior Java Engineer to join our engineering team. The candidate would build and maintain a large selection of data connectivity solutions for use in both on-premises and cloud environments for a leading data connectivity company.
Location(s):** **North Carolina Research Triangle or East Coast (preferred)
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work within a project team that delivers a large selection of high-quality component solutions for use in desktops, middleware, and server platforms.
- Develop effective, defect free source code that meets business requirements and team standards.
- Propose technical alternatives for solving complex problems of data connectivity, including query execution optimization, caching, reliability, and similar.
- Develop unit test cases to verify code.
- Contribute to making the team more effective and efficient including:
- Mentoring junior engineers joining the team.
- Writing design documentation and specifications as required.
- Proposing improvements to the code structure, testing process, and overall design that solve complex issues across multiple products.
- Participate and support the release process.
- Identify changes that make the system(s) more efficient and/or reduces operation or maintenance costs.
- 5+ years of experience with Java programming (Java 1.8 and up.)
- Experience writing testable code.
- Experience consuming REST and SOAP based web services, and parsing JSON/XML and similar formats.
- Experience with multi-threading and thread synchronization issues.
- Experience working with TCP-based protocols (HTTP/REST/SOAP, TCP Sockets) and parsing binary data (Protobuf, Arrow, or similar) is desirable.
- Experience connecting with a wide variety of relational and non-relational databases.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering.
11 Paid Holidays
20 Days of PTO
Employer-paid Medical, Dental, and Vision plans (for employee only)
HSA with Company Contribution
Employee Assistance Program
401k with 6% Immediately Vested Company Match
Professional development opportunities