At Digital Turbine, we make mobile advertising experiences more meaningful and rewarding for users, app publishers, and advertisers — intelligently connecting people in more ways, across more devices. We provide app publishers and advertisers with powerful ads and experiences that captivate consumers, fuel performance, and help telecoms and OEMs supercharge awareness, acquisition, and monetization. In a rapidly evolving industry, we are constantly innovating and creating better paths of discovery to connect consumers, publishers, and advertisers across the mobile ecosystem.
Digital Turbine is looking for an exceptional Senior Android Engineer to be part of our team, offering an opportunity to further our deep integration with the Android eco-system.
About the Senior Android Engineer:
- Partners with stakeholders to conceptualize, design, develop, and maintain new software products and features for Android.
- Technical adept in applying thorough and up-to-date knowledge of mobile platforms, frameworks to design, develop, and maintain features for mobile applications on Android that are used by millions of daily active users.
- Serves as a domain resource inside and outside its own team for various Android versions and SDKs.
- Improves Digital turbine's technical standards and leads the adoption of industry standards and best practices within the team or project.
- Design & Architecture: Distills customer and/or business requirements and applies knowledge of software design principles and methods and evaluates trade-offs to translate requirements into effective designs.
- Coding: Writes high-quality code that is clean, readable, efficient, and testable. Provides proactive and quality code reviews.
- Be a force multiplier for the team. Identify and advocate opportunities for improving performance and efficiency of team's software and systems. Have a keen eye to develop extensible solutions, leverage and improve existing solutions, and reconciling gaps within team.
- Operationally excel in solving complex, ambiguous problems and determine appropriate solutions/recommendations while logically evaluating alternatives and tradeoffs.
- Collaborate, support ideas/opinions of others from diverse backgrounds and experiences. Provide constructive and actionable feedback to others to help improve the entire team.
About you as the Senior Android Engineer:
- 7+ years of Android development experience.
- Strong Experience with OOP, Kotlin, Java and Git.
- Prior work with Firebase Cloud Messaging, Analytics, Crashlytics.
- Familiar with consuming web services and using RESTful APIs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of memory management, process lifecycle, threads and thread handlers in Android.
- Strong Knowledge in Android framework internals.
- Strong Experience with Test driven development.
- Familiarity with Agile software practices.
- Prior work with product flavors that target a wide variety of Android devices (e.g., Android versions, device sizes, manufacturers).
- Ability to thrive in a distributed, collaborative, and team-oriented environment and being able to ramp up quickly.
- Background with server application development and cloud platforms such as AWS or GCP.
- Familiarity with hybrid mobile apps.
- BS or equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or related field; or equivalent work experience.
About Digital Turbine:
Digital Turbine (NASDAQ: APPS) powers superior mobile consumer experiences and results for the world’s leading telcos, advertisers and publishers. Our end-to-end platform uniquely simplifies the ability to supercharge awareness, acquisition and monetization — connecting our partners to more consumers, in more ways, across more devices.
The company is headquartered in Austin, Texas, with global offices in New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco, London, Berlin, Singapore, Tel Aviv, and other cities serving top agency, app developer, and advertising markets. Listed on Deloitte Technology Fast 500 for six consecutive years since 2015 and winner of Austin Chamber of Commerce’s Company Culture in 2020.
Digital Turbine is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We embed diversity in our mindset, products, and teams to empower an inclusive, equitable, and culturally fluent environment. Building this culture within our teams makes us better collaborators and partners, driving better outcomes