This job might already be filled.
Givebacks is on a mission to help people do good every day without doing extra. We are making the giving process more inclusive by empowering people to leverage their everyday spending to generate partner-funded donations every time they shop. Givebacks members can choose from over 1M participating non profits from their local school or animal shelter, to national charitable organizations.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial minded individual to join our fast-growing startup with significant growth opportunities. As a Rails Engineer you will help drive the architecture and implementation of high impact software.
This position can be remote. Limited travel can be expected in the future when we collaborate in person.
What You’ll Do:
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to design, develop, and maintain robust and scalable web applications using Ruby/Rails.
- Implement efficient and reliable back end solutions, with a focus on optimizing performance, scalability, and security.
- Write clean, maintainable, and well-documented code, following best practices and coding standards.
- Work closely with the front end team to integrate frontend applications with backend APIs.
- Troubleshoot and debug issues, identifying and implementing effective solutions to ensure smooth application operation.
- Participate in code reviews to maintain code quality, provide constructive feedback, and ensure adherence to coding standards.
- Collaborate with team leads, product managers and designers to understand requirements and translate them into technical solutions.
- Stay up-to-date with emerging technologies and industry trends, continuously improving your skills and knowledge.
What You Bring:
- At least 3 years experience designing, developing and maintaining high-quality Rails applications
- Experience with database technologies (PostgreSQL) and writing queries
- Strong understanding of REST protocols and RESTful APIs
- Familiarity with testing frameworks like RSpec and engages in TDD as a standard practice
- Experience building and integrating with various third-party APIs
- Capable of designing scalable, flexible software and writing maintainable, secure code
- Understanding of software development principles, including agile methodologies
- Familiarity with version control systems like Git
- Ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams, including designers and product managers
- Strong problem-solving and debugging skills
- EST/CST time zone
Nice to Have:
- Experience with scalability and handling high-traffic applications would be a plus
- Proficiency in React and common tools used in React Ecosystem
- Experience using AWS or similar cloud provider
- Ability to work in a fast-paced startup environment, managing multiple projects and deadlines
- Raleigh or Dallas based
Opportunity to make a meaningful impact by contributing to a platform that promotes social good.
Unlimited Paid Time Off
Remote Work Options
Employee Stock Options
Paid Parental and Family Medical Leave
Full Employee Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage