We are seeking a highly skilled and creative Principal User Experience Designer with E-commerce experience, to join our team. Under the guidance of the Marketing Director, this role will shape overall visual identity and user experience across our digital platforms, ensuring our brand culture, values, and principles are effectively communicated to all users. The Principal User Experience Designer will lead our design strategy, ensuring a seamless and visually appealing journey for our customers, from their first interaction with our brand to the completion of their purchase.
Brand Aesthetic and Identity:
- Collaborates with stakeholders to develop and maintain a strong and consistent brand identity, encompassing logos, color schemes, and typography.
- Creates accessible design assets, guides, and resources for team members, ensuring consistent designs for various touch points, including both digital and physical formats.
- Manages all channels of marketing design, including concept and implementation of new campaigns.
Customer Experience Design (Web UX/UI):
- Owns the design of an intuitive and user-friendly website interface, optimizing the customer journey for shopping, learning, and collaboration/inspiration.
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams to enhance the customer experience through innovative design solutions.
- Codifies and establishes UX design principles, best practices, and design system standards.
Product and Print Design:
- Oversees product packaging design, ensuring alignment with the brand identity and enhancement of product presentation and experience.
- Creates engaging and attractive print materials for marketing campaigns and administrative business needs.
Data-Driven Design Solutions:
- Utilizes qualitative and quantitative insights and analytics to identify customer pain points and implement data-driven design solutions that drive customer affinity and increase conversion rates.
- Leverages A/B testing and iterate designs based on performance metrics to continually optimize user experience.
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams, including marketing, product development, and engineering, to ensure alignment with overall business objectives.
- Builds and manages a design team that includes internal and external partners to ensure projects progress in a timely manner and meet brand standards.
- Proven experience in a senior design role, preferably within the e-commerce or creative industry.
- A degree in a related field such as interactive design, industrial design, graphic design, or marketing design is preferred.
- Strong portfolio showcasing expertise in brand development, digital design, and print materials.
- Proficiency in industry-standard design tools (Adobe Creative Suite, Figma, etc.).
- Solid understanding of UX/UI principles and best practices.
- Experience with data-driven design and A/B testing methodologies.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
The Salary Range is $95,000-$105,000 based upon experience.
Please submit your resume along with a short Cover Letter to tell us why you are interested in this position.
Big company benefits with small company culture! We provide comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage with low deductibles. All employees receive employer match for retirement contributions of up to 3% of annual earnings. We have liberal vacation policies and offer additional benefits including technology stipends, gym memberships, and company-paid life insurance.
- Employee assistance program
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Medical insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
CandleScience develops and sells candle and soap making supplies. Our customers vary in size from candle and soap entrepreneurs to seasonal hobbyists. We began in 2003 as a two-person startup, and have become the market leader in the industry.
We work hard to develop natural and safe products that push the boundaries of candle and soap making. Our success is a result of our focus on web development, product development, and operations.