Red Hat is on a mission to be the catalyst in communities of customers, contributors, and partners creating better technology the open source way. To help fulfill that mission, the User Experience Design (UXD) team is looking for a Principal User Experience Designer to join our OpenShift AI design team.
Red Hat OpenShift AI leverages open source tools and recent developments in AI and Hybrid Cloud to deliver value to Data Scientists and MLOps engineers interested in model development, model serving, data pipelines and more.
Learn more about OpenShift AI and design at Red Hat.
What you will do
We're looking for someone with excellent problem-solving skills who can decompose complex problems, and lead other designers to produce simple, intuitive experiences for people who are building AI-powered applications. As a Principal User Experience Designer, you will:
- Consider an end-to-end user experience that spans product onboarding, usage, and support across multiple technical areas.
- Take on a leadership role as a subject matter expert with a team of researchers, designers, and front-end developers to build user experiences in your product area.
- Be comfortable leading engagement with product stakeholders and external customers to understand and extract use cases that form the basis of product designs and implementations.
- Partner with stakeholders across Red Hat to gather business requirements and present recommendations.
- Perform or participate in planning user research to inform or validate design decisions.
- Understand and communicate the information architecture, workflows, and processes surrounding the user experience.
- Create mockups, wireframes, and other design deliverables
- Build relationships with engineers and product managers to support successful development.
- Identify usability issues and make solid recommendations for improvement, working with stakeholders to prioritize against competing requirements.
- Actively participate in PatternFly, our community-built design system, as both a user and contributor.
- Make time for fellow designers to provide feedback and mentorship.
What you will bring
What you will bring
- Experience advocating for a high-quality user experience through every step of the process and across team boundaries.
- Collaborate across teams and feel comfortable explaining your ideas and process to other people.
- Use data to inform design decisions.
- Adapt to changing situations, needs, or requirements.
- A portfolio of work that demonstrates your process and skills demonstrating a proactive approach and natural curiosity in the work you do.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in interaction design, visual design, human computer interaction, human factors, computer science, or a closely-related area
- 10+ years of experience with designing user experience for enterprise applications
- Experience designing for users involved in AI/ML application lifecycle: ML ops, Data Science, model tuning (strongly preferred)
- Proven track record of leading design creation and delivering high-quality results on schedule, working with internal and external stakeholders including business people and customers.
- Ability to adjust leadership style to influence, encourage, and challenge others in a variety of situations
- Adaptable to changing conditions and unexpected obstacles, modifying work methods in response to new information to accomplish organizational goals
- Experience with agile development
- Experience with open source projects
The salary range for this position is $142,100 - $188,320. Actual offer will be based on your qualifications.