Nugget, a direct-to-consumer kids furniture brand, is looking for an experienced Marketing Project Manager to manage the day-to-day operations and project trackers of the Marketing and Creative Services departments to ensure our team is all on the same page and operating efficiently to meet our deadlines and goals! We’re looking for someone who is excited to roll up their sleeves, help us improve our cross functional processes, increase efficiency, manage our resources and support our team. If you have experience as a Department Coordinator or Project Manager for a Marketing/Creative team in a fast-paced environment and are looking for the next step in your career - we’d love for you to apply!
_What is Nugget? _We are an industry-leading, fun-loving, furniture company (est. 2014) that seeks to bring bold play and big imaginations into everyday life at home. We design, develop, market, manufacture, sell, and ship our part-toy, part-furniture, four-piece Nuggets all from one location, with a team of ~100 Nuggeteers, in Butner, North Carolina (just outside of Durham). And we’re just getting started — in both 2020 and 2021, Inc. Magazine named us the fastest-growing manufacturing company in the United States. We’re proud to continue the industrial legacy of North Carolina, and to make kids furniture for growing imaginations.
ABOUT THIS ROLE:
- You’ll be the pivotal bridge between Nugget’s Marketing and Creative Services departments, combining timelines and workflows between the two teams and maintaining operational efficiency for the department and its individual team members
- You’ll be responsible for managing Nugget’s campaign project timelines – tracking specific due dates that are required for us to hit delivery goals, tracking progress towards those goals, and continuously communicating with team members to ensure success in meeting deadlines
- You’ll proactively check in with team members on their progress toward individual deadlines and goals – flagging any possible issues and recommending how to adjust
- You’ll verify that deliverables are completed and submitted based on our current system of organization so that the Marketing team knows where to find what they need
- You’ll point out inefficiencies in current processes, identifying roadblocks and sharing your observations with Leadership – making recommendations for process improvements as you grow in the role
- You’ll create intentional department meeting agendas to ensure team meetings are efficient, purposeful, and productive, take and own post-meeting follow-up notes with next steps outlined and delegated
- You’ll own, maintain, and update the team’s Marketing Calendar, proactively identifying changes or updates and seeking information from key stakeholders when needed to ensure the Marketing Calendar is the “ultimate source of truth”
- You’ll partner with Marketing and Creative Leadership to develop timelines based on our 12-month strategic Marketing plan – ensuring we have ambitious, yet realistic deadlines established for campaign management, evergreen content, website updates, and more
- You’ll assist with other Marketing support tasks as needed, including but not limited to file management and/or administrative responsibilities
- You have 3-5 years of experience in administration, department management, marketing communications, or related fields, working directly with Marketing/Creative teams, either in-house or with an agency
- You have a basic understanding of a traditional Marketing department structure
- You are highly proficient in Microsoft Office, Google Suite, generally tech savvy and a master calendar manager
- You balance kindness, patience, and humor with a practical and results-driven approach to make sure the work gets done
- You are passionate about process optimization, resource management, and communication and ask the right questions to analyze situations accurately
- You are persistent in accomplishing objectives, despite obstacles and setbacks, and push yourself and others to achieve results You’re a self-starter and are excited to be proactive and take on challenges by diving in headfirst – but also take direction well when it's given
- You are able to gain the trust and support of others, promoting an atmosphere of positivity and working cooperatively with others to achieve team goals
- You can identify and create the processes necessary to get work done, and are constantly seeking ways to improve processes – from minor tweaks to complete reengineering
- You approach work with a “no job is too small” attitude, and have a curious mind - always willing to learn and grow your imagination
- Competitive Pay + Annual Company Bonus
- Medical, Dental, and Vision covered at 100% for employees
- PTO, Holidays, and Winter Break
- 401k Employer Match
- Paid parental leave
- Free Nugget + Team Discount
*Our compensation philosophy:
Here at Nugget we don't negotiate compensation. This comes from research that shows negotiations often result in arbitrary differences in pay – not based on differences in ability, but based on who is better at negotiating. For that reason, we like to offer the amount upfront that we believe is fair for the job, rather than offer a lower amount that builds in the expectation for negotiating. To add a bit more context, our process is centered in industry data, which factors in our stage/size of company, job classification, experience and skill, to make sure that we have fair and transparent numbers for our regional market.
Nugget is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.