This job post has been filled or expired.
PlayMetrics is looking for an experienced Marketing Manager to join our fast-growing B2B SaaS company in the youth sports space. We’re looking for a confident and skilled writer, a creative storyteller, and a self-starter with remarkable attention to detail (your proofreading skills are on point.) As a critical part of the Marketing team, you’ll be responsible for managing the PlayMetrics social media presence, including copy, design, scheduling, and reporting, as well as writing, editing, and managing the production of marketing content (ebooks, guides, customer interviews, articles, etc.). You're organized, thoughtful, dependable, and able to juggle multiple priorities on a collaborative and spirited team.
Specific responsibilities are listed below. The three absolute must-haves for this position are:
- Excellent writer
- Enough design skill to be dangerous
- Thoroughness and attention to detail
Select candidates will be asked to complete a skills test as part of the interview process. To be considered, please include a cover letter with your resume, as well as links to writing and design samples you feel are relevant to the role.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Write, design, and schedule engaging content for PlayMetrics’ social channels.
- Plan and implement a social media strategy that aligns with business goals.
- Communicate with followers, respond to queries promptly and monitor customer reviews.
- Author content, and manage freelance writers and designers to produce guides, eBooks, interviews, customer case studies, etc.
- Act as the primary liaison with Sales to produce new customer announcements and secure testimonials for customer marketing purposes.
- Own updates and maintenance of FORWARD, PlayMetrics’ thought leadership resource hub.
- Work with the Customer Success and Product teams to write, schedule, and deploy product release notes, announcements, and other customer communications.
- Manage tools in the marketing tech stack including social media monitoring and publishing platforms, WordPress, MailChimp, and more.
- Work with graphic designers when necessary to produce exceptional visuals for content.
- Collaborate with teams to ensure brand consistency.
- Manage all aspects of email marketing including maintaining our ESP, writing copy, managing lists and segmentation strategy, measuring performance, and optimizing campaigns.
- Stay current (or ahead of) technologies and trends in social media, content marketing, and design.
To apply for this position, you definitely should have:
- 5+ years of relevant experience in a marketing role (strong preference for a B2B SaaS background and content marketing).
- Exceptional writing chops, including the ability to write about products and features in a relatable way.
- Experience with all aspects of social media management - writing and designing posts, optimizing posting schedules, and working in publishing tools such as Hootsuite, AgoraPulse, or similar.
- An excellent eye for design and proven ability to do great work in design tools such as Canva, and be dangerous in Adobe products such as Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator.
- Hands-on experience (bonus points for fluency) in MailChimp, or comparable email system.
- Proven experience in all aspects of email marketing including writing copy, setting up, and optimizing drip campaigns for lead nurturing and customer communications.
- Strong project management skills with remarkable attention to detail.
- A history of being adaptable and flexible to a constantly changing marketing landscape.
- A personable and energetic attitude with a healthy mix of wit and humor.
- The instinct to source solutions to problems or challenges.
- A Marketing or equivalent degree.
It would be best if you...
- Have a basic understanding of the youth sports industry, in particular, youth soccer (primarily U.S.).
- Have better than working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, etc.) or comparable design software.
- Have experience working with or managing freelance writers and designers.
- Have experience working with GarageBand or other audio editing software.
- Have a passion for measuring everything you do, analyzing data, and results to determine the best course of action for all marketing activities.
- Have worked with CRMs before (Zoho, Salesforce, Hubspot).
- Are comfortable receiving professional critique.
- Are comfortable collaborating with designers and developers.
- Can crank out work (headphones) as well as collaborate with others (meetings).
PlayMetrics will provide:
- Competitive salary
- Great benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plan options (100% of premiums paid by the company), 401(k) match, and company paid disability insurance
- The satisfaction of watching your friends use your work in everyday life
- A casual work environment where jeans, tees, and sneakers are encouraged
- Central office location in RTP
(Please Note: This is not a remote position. While we are currently working from home, we can’t wait to get back to the office and we look forward to having this individual with the team in our Morrisville, NC location.)
Also notable: The parent company and leadership team for PlayMetrics is eMinor, Inc, the parent company of ReverbNation, a music tech company, and Adwerx, an ad tech company. Adwerx spun out of ReverbNation in 2014 and is now its own separate company with over 90 employees. We have a history of starting new businesses within eMinor and are excited about our next opportunity with PlayMetrics.