This job might already be filled.
Terra Dotta is looking for an enthusiastic Junior Software Engineer to assist the product team with all aspects of software design and coding. This individual will be part of an agile development team building and working on Terra Dotta software and systems by learning the codebase of our software, writing basic code, fixing bugs, and assisting the team in design-related tasks.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops software solutions to meet customer requirements through team and individual efforts.
- Working with teammates to transition from a ColdFusion infrastructure to Java environment leveraging micro-services.
- Troubleshoot software issues.
- Writing and maintaining code.
- Work alongside Product Specialist and QA Engineers to conduct testing and/or working on minor bug fixes.
- Monitoring the technical performance of internal systems.
- Responding to requests from the support and development team.
- Gathering information from consumers about program functionality.
- Experience using SQL to update and retrieve data.
- Basic programming experience.
- Ability to multi-task and work effectively in an agile environment.
- Ability to take direction and interact with clients and staff in a team environment.
- Ability to handle multiple clients and multiple team members with confidence.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interest in learning.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of client/server application development.
- Knowledge of agile development methodologies.
- Knowledge of unit testing theory.
- Experience with database management and security is a plus.
- Familiarity with Terra Dotta Software.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 2+ years’ experience in a technical role; internship; or related experience.