This job post has been filled or expired.
Methodical Games is a newly formed studio built around a fundamental set of ideals; a lean talented team, direct cross-discipline collaboration, quick iteration, and developer-driven processes. Our goal is to foster a haven for developers to push the bounds of their craft and collaborate directly with other creative minds. As our name suggests, we pride ourselves on a detail oriented approach to game development with a focus on meticulously crafted gameplay. You might even call it an obsession. We’re seeking passionate individuals from all walks of life to join us in building something great.
We are looking for an experienced Systems Administrator to manage the IT operations and game development backend of the studio.
- Serve as the technical expert in system administration for Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Coordinate and oversee external IT consultants.
- Establish and maintain processes for build automation, distribution, and deployment for game development.
- Support developers with infrastructure, applications, user accounts, and Windows systems on a day-to-day basis.
- Manage and support various productivity applications such as Google Workspace, Slack, Zoom, Miro, Jira, Perforce, etc.
- Implementing and enforcing security best practices.
- Handle all asset management and tracking.
- Monitor and maintain performance and capacity of server hardware.
- Acquire, configure, and deploy Hardware and Software for new hires.
- Troubleshoot and repair of systems and hardware.
- Create and maintain installation, procedure, and support documentation.
- 5+ years of experience as an IT professional.
- Passion for researching and deploying cutting edge hardware and software solutions.
- Positive and friendly attitude to requests for IT help.
- Experience with AWS or similar cloud management.
- Experience with version control (Perforce).
- Experience with build automation, distribution, and deployment (Jenkins or similar).
- Experience with Database System Administration.
- Experience with Windows and Linux Systems Administration.
- Experience with Network Administration.
- Strong understanding of imaging and software deployment tools.
- Experience with MDM solutions.
- Experience with backup systems.
- Experience supporting employees working remotely.
Nice to Have
- Experience in the game industry.
- An interest in game development.
- A passion for playing games.
Not an exact match for this role? We’d still love to hear from you! Visit our Careers Page and fill out the Open Application to apply.
How we work
- Methodical Games is a remote hybrid studio with an office in Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Everyone is a hands-on contributor and we believe in leading by example.
- We’re a small cross-discipline team communicating directly with one another.
- It is important to us to maintain an inclusive environment where everyone feels empowered to be themselves and do their best work.
What we offer
Generous equity and profit sharing.
Unlimited paid time off, Summer and Winter breaks.
Excellent health, dental, and vision insurance with 100% of premiums covered for employees.
401(k) retirement plan and Flex Spending accounts.
Relocation assistance to the Raleigh area.
Centrally located office minutes from downtown Raleigh, Cary, and Durham. Walk to PNC Arena (home of the Carolina Hurricanes). Garage parking with free EV charging!