This job might already be filled.
Nugget, a direct-to-consumer kids furniture brand, is looking for an experienced IT Manager to be our growing company’s resource for all things tech – infrastructure, cybersecurity, communications, and more. This role will own the information technology functions for our 100+ employee company, and will develop and systematize Nugget’s IT infrastructure and methodology. An ideal candidate for this role will have had a wide range of experience with different types of technology management and support and is passionate about how the right technology can help support companies and teams as they grow. If you have experience as an IT Manager, are looking for the next step in your career and are excited to be an integral part of an innovative product company - we’d love for you to apply today!
_What is Nugget? _We are an industry-leading, fun-loving, furniture company (est. 2014) that seeks to bring bold play and big imaginations into everyday life at home. We design, develop, market, manufacture, sell, and ship our part-toy, part-furniture, four-piece Nuggets all from one location, with a team of ~100 Nuggeteers, in Butner, North Carolina (just outside of Durham). And we’re just getting started — in both 2020 and 2021, Inc. Magazine named us the fastest-growing manufacturing company in the United States. We’re proud to continue the industrial legacy of North Carolina, and to make kids furniture for growing imaginations.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
- You’ll provide ongoing technical support for employees at Nugget, including both hardware (primarily Mac, but also PC and mobile devices) and software (MacOS, Windows, and our suite of software).
- You'll lead the development and implementation of an internal system/process for managing employee technical issues, questions, and training needs, acting as the first tier of support for employees.
- You'll act as the liaison between our current IT Helpdesk vendor (EyeNet) and our employees - assisting with basic issues and problems, and referring tickets to EyeNet when appropriate, serving as the filter for prioritizing and approving requests.
- You'll project manage system specification, selection and implementation of future software platforms, such as ERP and Inventory Management solutions.
- You'll manage and track software subscriptions across the company, including but not limited to – renewal decisions, user management, vendor relationships, consolidation, and expense reporting.
- You'll own inventory maintenance and asset management for company-owned computers and/or mobile devices, including provisioning for new employees and managing equipment returns.
- You'll support a positive employee onboarding experience by ensuring new employees have the tech equipment they need, including any necessary pre-installed software.
- You'll own the purchasing and sourcing of new equipment You will own the entire procurement process of new equipment, from identifying the need for equipment to its purchase and delivery.
- You'll manage user provisioning across the company, including monitoring current user access and usage to maintain security and decrease unnecessary spending.
- You will provide training to new employees on standard company software platforms – including the creation of SOPs, training resources and materials, as well as facilitating in-person training on occasion.
- You will work directly with employees on an ongoing basis to help them understand how to best use Nugget’s software and hardware tools, including account management and mobile apps.
- You will partner with leaders across the organization to identify business needs and make recommendations for how technology solutions can help support and advance those needs — keeping quantity of software tools and change management top of mind.
- You have 4-6 years of experience in IT management, preferably in mid-size companies
- **Bonus: **You have a degree in a field related to computer technology or information systems
- You have experience with multiple aspects of IT management, including inventory management, cyber security, software selection, implementation, and IT infrastructure
- You’ve worked with multiple types of software platforms for internal company use, including HRIS systems, Time & Attendance, file management, productivity and collaboration tools, etc. and take a flexible, and open-minded approach to evaluating and adopting new and innovative platforms!
- **Bonus: **Familiarity with Rippling, Basecamp, Google Suite and 15Five
- You take a strategic approach to utilizing technology, understanding its value as a tool, balanced with the importance of making it accessible to employees who have varying levels of comfortability
- You can translate complex, technical language into “layman’s terms” and enjoy making concepts easy to understand for employees at all levels
- You are forward-thinking and constantly seek out new skills and knowledge to advance how technology supports current and future business needs
- You consistently build strong partnerships across the organization, and are skilled at working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- You excel at planning, organization, and prioritization! Not only can you assess the actions, time and resources required to achieve company goals, but you can also independently manage your time well to meet deadlines.
- You are skilled at identifying the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement
- You are skilled at ensuring accountability for both yourself and others – establishing clear responsibilities and processes for monitoring work and measuring results
- You understand and can navigate people-related organizational dynamics, and have experience working through them in order to accomplish company goals
- You approach work with a “no job is too small” attitude, and have a curious mind - always willing to learn and grow your imagination
Competitive Pay + Annual Company Bonus
Medical, Dental, and Vision covered at 100% for employees
PTO, Holidays, and Winter Break
401k Employer Match
Paid parental leave
Free Nugget + Team Discount
*Our compensation philosophy:
Here at Nugget we don't negotiate compensation. This comes from research that shows negotiations often result in arbitrary differences in pay – not based on differences in ability, but based on who is better at negotiating. For that reason, we like to offer the amount upfront that we believe is fair for the job, rather than offer a lower amount that builds in the expectation for negotiating. To add a bit more context, our process is centered in industry data, which factors in our stage/size of company, job classification, experience and skill, to make sure that we have fair and transparent numbers for our regional market.
Nugget is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.