Nugget, a direct-to-consumer kids furniture brand, is looking for an experienced Executive Assistant to provide administrative support to our Chief Business Officer and Leadership team, enabling our business to swiftly execute on important initiatives. This role will contribute to the growth and enhancement of our organizational systems, ensuring increased efficiency and systematization, as well as ensuring there is effective and timely communication across and from the Executive team.
By supporting top-notch operations and risk management, this position will help foster a culture that embraces creativity and innovation, allowing for even greater levels of ideation and collaboration within our dynamic company environment. If you have experience as an Executive Administrator, Assistant or Project Manager in a fast paced environment and are looking for the next step in your career, are excited to roll up your sleeves, have high attention to detail balanced with flexibility and creativity - we’d love for you to apply!
What is Nugget? We are an industry-leading, fun-loving furniture company (est. 2014) that seeks to bring bold play and big imaginations into everyday life at home. We design, develop, market, manufacture, sell, and ship our part-toy, part-furniture, four-piece Nuggets all from one location, with a team of ~100 Nuggeteers, in Butner, North Carolina (just outside of Durham). And we’re just getting started — in both 2020 and 2021, Inc. Magazine named us the fastest-growing manufacturing company in the United States. We’re proud to continue the industrial legacy of North Carolina, and to make kids furniture for growing imaginations.
ABOUT THIS ROLE:
General Leadership Support
- You will provide proactive and efficient support in managing the Chief Business Officer's calendar and email correspondence, ensuring timely responses, accurate prioritization, and effective communication with internal and external stakeholders
- You will arrange logistics, travel, and scheduling for Leadership / C-Suite / Management teams meetings, events, and retreats, when necessary.
- You will assist in creating slide decks, agendas, and post-meeting follow-up (note summaries, to-dos, etc.) for management, leadership, and the C-Suite.
- You will act as a liaison between the Chief Business Officer, leadership teams and cross-functional stakeholders, assigning relevant tasks that require leadership input and follow through, ensuring accountability and timely execution.
- You will oversee and manage expense reporting for executive team members, ensuring timely and accurate submission, verification, and reconciliation of expenses
- You will act as a central point of contact for project-related inquiries, providing timely and accurate updates and information to internal and external stakeholders
- You will spearhead project management initiatives, collaborating with executive leadership to define project scopes, objectives, and timelines, to ensure timely project completion
- You will assist with a wide range of general administrative tasks as needed, including but not limited to data entry, filing, and document management, ensuring the accuracy and organization of critical business information.
- You will support the Chief Business Officer by drafting, revising, and reviewing internal communications with attention to detail and understanding of Nuggety language.
- You will tailor communications based on the target audience and maintain a high level of professionalism and clarity.
- You will facilitate communication and information flow on behalf of the Chief Business Officer to internal teams, partners, and agencies, ensuring clear and concise exchange of information and timely follow-up on action items.
Contract Project Management
- You will project manage contracts and agreements to ensure accuracy, timeliness and input by key stakeholders – enabling our team to move forward quickly while prioritizing business needs.
- You will partner with our legal team in utilizing template forms day to day, while ensuring that templates and processes continue to evolve effectively as we grow.
- You will partner with the finance team in the organization and tracking of contracts and agreements, managing renewal terms (including tracking key dates), and ensuring accurate and current Certificate-of-Insurance (COI) documents are obtained and/or issued when necessary.
- You will ensure that all documents approved for signature have been reviewed, with necessary stakeholder sign-off.
Digital Filing Organization
- You will manage the organization of contracts and other documents in Google Drive, implementing a clean naming system for easy tracking and retrieval and partnering with the IT team on overall filing structure.
Writing Processes and SOPs
- You will assist in (and sometimes lead) building processes and standard operating procedures (SOPs) for legal and other general matters, ensuring they are centrally located and periodically reviewed and updated as needed.
- You have 6-8 years of experience as an Executive Administrator, Assistant, or Project Manager in a fast paced environment.
- You are proficient with a wide variety of productivity software and technology tools, used to organize information and streamline workflows, including but not limited to include Google Workspace and Microsoft Office products, project management software (we use Basecamp!), etc.
- You excel in working autonomously – demonstrating self-motivation and minimal need for supervision, while actively seeking guidance when appropriate.
- You are organized and detail-oriented, and are energized by the opportunity to “clean up” a project, process, or communication.
- You have exceptional time management skills (both for yourself and others!) and can effectively prioritize to ensure timely completion of tasks.
- You have a demonstrated ability to exercise discretion and tact in managing communications on behalf of executive leadership, ensuring that sensitive information is communicated with appropriate levels of confidentiality.
- You are proactive in anticipating needs and taking initiative to find solutions, without being prompted.
- You are curious and inquisitive, and proactively ask questions to gain a deeper understanding as needed.
- You are comfortable and confident in your ability to prioritize, “say no” when appropriate, and set boundaries when necessary.
- You are skilled in managing up, down and sideways, effectively engaging with people in all levels of the organization and navigating through complex policy, process, and people-related organizational dynamics.
- You are comfortable with ambiguity, uncertainty, and the possibility of change – and can operate effectively even when the total picture isn’t yet clear.
- You are effective in a variety of communication settings, among diverse styles and position levels, and can adjust your approach to fit the audience and the message.
- You are skilled at driving accountability for both yourself and others – understanding the collaborative nature of the role while also establishing clear responsibilities and processes to ensure accountability for deliverables and deadlines.
- You approach work with a “no job is too small” attitude, and have a curious mind - always willing to learn and grow your imagination.
- Competitive Pay + Annual Company Bonus
- Medical, Dental, and Vision covered at 100% for employees
- PTO, Holidays, and Winter Break
- 401k Employer Match
- Paid parental leave
- Free Nugget + Team Discount
*Our compensation philosophy:
Here at Nugget we don't negotiate compensation. This comes from research that shows negotiations often result in arbitrary differences in pay – not based on differences in ability, but based on who is better at negotiating. For that reason, we like to offer the amount upfront that we believe is fair for the job, rather than offer a lower amount that builds in the expectation for negotiating. To add a bit more context, our process is centered in industry data, which factors in our stage/size of company, job classification, experience and skill, to make sure that we have fair and transparent numbers for our regional market.
Nugget is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.