This job might already be filled.
Spreedly is the world's leading Payments Orchestration solution. Our vision is that the world is better with a diversified, inclusive payment ecosystem. Our mission is to accelerate commerce with an open, secure, and flexible payment platform that welcomes all payment participants. Backed by Spectrum Equity, with a $75M investment, Spreedly is experiencing rapid growth.
We now serve 600 customers globally. Many of these direct customers are platforms and marketplaces that have thousands of their merchants leveraging our payments platform. Our customers include industry leaders in digital goods, order ahead and delivery, online marketplaces, donation/giving platforms, event ticketing, and financial services.
Our employees help us execute against our vision through building a culture focused on autonomy, transparency, and collaboration in a dynamic, high-growth organization.
We are seeking an experienced **Director of FP&A **to bring their analytic and strategic mindset to our fast-growing company. This is a key leadership role on the Spreedly finance team, partnering with and reporting to the CFO with significant exposure to the CEO and executive leadership team. The Director of FP&A will manage, prepare, administer, and direct the control of Spreedly's budget and financial planning and analysis while leading a small, but growing, team of analysts.
- Provides the senior and executive leadership teams with financial reporting and analysis to be used for strategic and tactical decision making
- Prepares and presents data and qualitative analysis to senior and executive leadership teams
- Collaborates with Sales and Revenue Operations to ensure model inputs are of the highest accuracy
- Prepares monthly and quarterly board reporting
- Recommends and implements appropriate financial tools and technology to support our fast-growing business
- Proactively identifies trends within the business and provides data analysis and recommendations
- Monitors and reports department adherence to approved budget
- Develops dashboards to track key performance metrics and monitor business performance. Provides leadership with insights into drivers of revenue and expenses
- Evaluates and advises on growth opportunities, such as new product launches, international expansion, and business model changes
- Establishes operational objectives, work plans, and project delegation to the FP&A analyst team
- Builds and leads a high-performing FP&A team that produces rich insights, plans, and forecasts with a high degree of clarity and accuracy
- Provides training and opportunity to up-skill the finance/operational teams as needed
- Fosters a culture of openness and effective challenge and inquiry among the FP&A team and the broader company
- Manages the forecasting process, liaising with cross-functional leadership and ensuring the integrity of consolidated budgets and forecasts
- Builds models based on historical trends, company initiatives, and macro trends that drive forecasting; including revenue, cash, and spending drivers
- Owns the reporting on budget variances, comparing closed periods to the budgets and evaluating overages, and reviewing data and analysis with department heads and CFO
- Leads and/or participates in special projects that will improve or enhance financial management and operating efficiencies
- Provide financial support on mergers and acquisitions, as applicable
- Ad hoc reporting and analysis
- 4 to 5 years' experience leading a FP&A and/or corporate finance function in a high-growth environment
- Prior FP&A and/or corporate finance experience with a SaaS company
- Experience using Jirav (or a similar forecasting tool) and NetSuite
- Motivated to dig into the numbers, find trends, and analyze data at a deeply qualitative level that drives decision-making
- Knowledge of current revenue recognition standards for a SaaS company, GAAP accounting principles, and international regulations
- Thrives in an autonomous work environment and makes decisions that are in line with the company's goals
- High attention to detail and the accuracy of data and information
- Ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information
- Bachelor's degree with a focus on finance, accounting, economics, or business
What We Offer
- Competitive salary + Equity
- Outstanding Medical and Dental Insurance: Premiums are 100% company paid for employees and families
- Note: We offer two PPO health insurance plans: A traditional copay and a high deductible with HSA. Spreedly contributes $1,200/$2,400 per year to the HSA for those choosing the high deductible plan
- Life and long-term disability insurance
- Optional Vision insurance and various Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Open Paid Time Off policy + 12 weeks paid leave for new parents
- Matching 401k plan (5% up to $5,000 yearly)
- Monthly digital lifestyle stipend ($150), new MacBook, and $200 accessory reimbursement
- $3,000 annual Professional Development stipend and free LinkedIn Learning subscription
- Flexible, remote friendly work environment
- Quarterly visits to HQ in Durham, NC for remote employees
Spreedly is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion. We actively work to drive out even unintentional discrimination in our hiring processes via practices like blindly graded work samples, structured interviews, and diversity awareness training.
Due to the sensitive nature of what Spreedly does - handling payment data - finalist candidates must complete a successful background and reference check.
Unless otherwise stated, remote positions are open to candidates in the contiguous US only. We are not set up to support remote employees from CA, NY, or outside the contiguous US. At this time Spreedly is unable to provide sponsorship for employment. In order to be considered for employment, applicants must be currently legally authorized to work in the US and not require future sponsorship in order to continue working in the US.
We appreciate your interest in our company. Because of the high volume of resume flow, we may only respond to those candidates that we think will be a potential fit.