This job might already be filled.
At Spoonflower (part of the Shutterfly family of brands) our mission is to inspire individuals to make, buy and sell unique products built around color and pattern. Our e-commerce website makes it possible for individuals to create, sell, and shop for unique fabrics, wallpaper, and home décor. Spoonflower’s global marketplace connects our customers to more than 1 million designs by independent artists from around the world.
What You’ll Do Here:
Every day you will play a key role in shaping the future of how Spoonflower.com is disrupting home décor and fabric retail by creating a marketplace where independent artists bring their designs to interior designers, makers and everyday consumers through empowered product and engineering teams to deliver innovative and human-centered customer experiences. You'll be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to build and lead your teams through empowerment, engagement, and continuous improvement as we partner with our many stakeholders daily to stay aligned and focused on common goals and delivering outcomes.
- Collaborates closely with Shutterfly Engineering, product management and Business counterparts to define and deliver eCommerce Strategy, Architecture, and Roadmap
- Drives architecture standards that enable next-generation eCommerce capabilities
- Identifies and implements best practices and process improvements to improve time to market, software quality, automation, innovation and features and enhancements driven through technology
- Drives engagement, responsibility, and accountability by developing, mentoring effective team leaders both technically and managerially
- Participates in key decision making for all aspects of strategy and planning for the engineering department
- Introduce meaningful changes in tools, processes, establishing and maintaining job families to build a healthy and efficient organization.
- Develop product minded engineer focused on outcomes and bring out the innovation in your teams.
- Bring a pragmatic view about what to build and when to buy to solve a business and customer need.
- Foster a culture of experimentation and help us to adopt new technologies and practices.
The Skills you'll bring:
- 8+ years of relevant experience with a bachelor’s degree OR equivalent relevant professional experience
- 4+ years’ experience managing and leading engineering teams in an Agile culture
- 3+ years of eCommerce Architecture
- 2+ years with React and NodeJS applications
- Experience in object oriented and functional programming languages
- Ability to pair program and perform code reviews
- 3+ years of eCommerce Architecture
- Experience with Cloud Computing platforms (e.g. Amazon AWS, Google Compute Engine, OpenStack, Rackspace cloud, etc.)
About the technology:
- Our systems are built on, and we look for experience in the following:
- Queuing and event-driven solutions like IBM MQ, Rabbit MQ, Kafka, SQS, SNS, Pub/Sub
- Relational and NoSQL databases like, MySQL, Cassandra, RDS, Aurora, Cockroach DB, etc.
- Container solutions like, OpenShift / Kubernetes / Docker
- Cloud native services primarily in AWS
- Headless commerce and cms technologies (MACH)
Supporting a diverse and inclusive workforce is important to Shutterfly not only because it directly reflects our value of Embracing our Differences, but also because it’s the right thing to do for our business and for our people. Learn more about our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at Shutterfly DE&I.
Colorado only*- This position has a minimum salary of $158,900.00. You may also be offered a bonus and benefits. Details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: Benefits at Shutterfly