This job might already be filled.
Nugget, a direct-to-consumer kids furniture brand, is looking for an energetic and experienced Design Specialist to join our Creative Services team. This role is an essential part of helping our D2C company create content, digital assets, and collateral that is essential to the business. The Design Specialist role is a hybrid position and our ideal candidate is competent in designing across a variety of platforms including (but not limited to) web, email, blog and print, as well as supporting from a design perspective in corporate communications and experiential marketing. In this role, you’ll join a team of talented Designer/Illustrators to develop collateral and assets that meet Brand and Marketing objectives. You’ll wear many hats, lending a keen and thoughtful eye to the design details of your projects. You’ll be primarily responsible for cross functional design tasks such as photography retouching and archiving, presentation design, paid media design, and asset management, but will also support the full Creative team with traditional Marketing needs, as bandwidth allows! If you'd like to work with a team that’s dedicated to high-level design standards, enjoy collaborating, and want to grow and learn from experienced creative leaders - we'd love for you to apply today!
**What is Nugget? **We are an industry-leading, fun-loving furniture company (est. 2014) that seeks to bring bold play and big imaginations into everyday life at home. We design, develop, market, manufacture, sell, and ship our part-toy, part-furniture, four-piece Nuggets all from one location, with a team of ~100 Nuggeteers, in Butner, North Carolina (just outside of Durham). And we’re just getting started — in both 2020 and 2021, Inc. Magazine named us the fastest-growing manufacturing company in the United States. We’re proud to continue the industrial legacy of North Carolina, and to make kids furniture for growing imaginations.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
- You will apply design knowledge to review brief materials and creative direction and subsequently submit work for review by multiple stakeholders, taking feedback and making necessary updates as applicable.
- You will communicate with internal and external partners and team members to ensure that your concepts and designs are feasible within the timeline and constraints of the platform, whether that be a digital, presentational or physical execution.
- You will be primarily responsible for asset manipulation: resizing, retouching and recoloring. You will also support asset management and archiving, as is needed.
- You will work with our Lead Designer to create work that is consistent with our Brand and Design guidelines.
- You will collaborate with cross functional team mates from Leadership, People Ops and the company at large to fulfill design requirements including (but not limited to) presentation design, event support, internal communications and content creation.
- You will collaborate with the internal Design team to complete Marketing projects as bandwidth allows.
- You will ensure all projects remain on deadline; assess and raise any deliverability issues or concerns with management.
- You will attend Creative, Design and cross functional meetings as requested, and complete all growth assignments as time allows.
- You will identify workflow optimizations to drive operational efficiencies and recommend process improvements, especially as might pertain to photo manipulation and management.
- You have 2-4 years of experience in design in a fast-paced in-house or agency environment (freelance experience ok).
- **Bonus: **You have a degree in Design or a related field.
- You have experience with various technology and project management platforms (Google Workspace, Zoom, Basecamp, etc.).
- You have expert knowledge of most of the Adobe Creative Suite, as well as some familiarity with the Microsoft Suite.
- **Bonus: **You have competency in photo retouching, or are willing to take this on as a professional development objective!
- You are excited to find ways to improve upon current processes and recommend changes that will create more efficiencies as our team grows.
- You have strong time management skills, and can plan/handle multiple projects simultaneously within established time constraints.
- You are positive and considerate when offering feedback on other’s work and open to feedback about your own work.
- You have a strong attention to detail; prioritizing accuracy, quality, and thoroughness in your work and/or the work of others.
- You discover new opportunities and creative solutions for problems by looking beyond current practices or standards, and thinking outside the box.
- You are excited to identify and tackle new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- You demonstrate self-awareness by using a combination of feedback and reflection to identity your personal strengths and weaknesses, and gain insight from your experiences.
- You have strong emotional intelligence and communication skills, and can build rapport and collaborate with employees across the organization.
- You actively and quickly learn through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as opportunities for future growth.
- You can thrive in various work environments – you enjoy working independently, as well as collaborating in a team environment.
- You approach work with a “no job is too small” attitude, and have a curious mind - always willing to learn and grow your imagination.
- Competitive Pay + Annual Company Bonus
- Medical, Dental, and Vision covered at 100% for employees
- PTO, Holidays, and Winter Break
- 401k Employer Match
- Paid parental leave
- Free Nugget + Team Discount
*Our compensation philosophy:
Here at Nugget we don't negotiate compensation. This comes from research that shows negotiations often result in arbitrary differences in pay – not based on differences in ability, but based on who is better at negotiating. For that reason, we like to offer the amount upfront that we believe is fair for the job, rather than offer a lower amount that builds in the expectation for negotiating. To add a bit more context, our process is centered in industry data, which factors in our stage/size of company, job classification, experience and skill, to make sure that we have fair and transparent numbers for our regional market.
Nugget is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.