This job might already be filled.
Nugget, a fun-loving, imaginative, direct-to-consumer kids furniture brand, is looking for an experienced Creative Director to conceptualize and execute innovative, outside-the-box content and programming that engages customers, builds community, and always stays true to our mission of “growing imaginations.” This role will find new and creative ways to inspire our Creative team to fulfill campaign vision through copy, photo, video, design, illustrations, and even brand experiences. Additionally, this role will provide support to Marketing/Creative Leadership in evolving Nugget’s brand identity, shaping our overall communications and customer engagement strategy, and crafting unique, meaningful, creative content across all our owned channels. If you have experience as an Creative Director, Creative Producer, or Brand Strategist (with design chops), have demonstrated the ability to be a Creative team leader, and are interested in joining a fast-growing company with a beloved brand, we’d love for you to apply today!
Please note, for this role we are requiring portfolios / websites to be submitted with your application.
_What is Nugget? _We are an industry-leading, fun-loving, furniture company (est. 2014) that seeks to bring bold play and big imaginations into everyday life at home. We design, develop, market, manufacture, sell, and ship our part-toy, part-furniture, four-piece Nuggets all from one location, with a team of ~100 Nuggeteers, in Butner, North Carolina (just outside of Durham). And we’re just getting started — in both 2020 and 2021, Inc. Magazine named us the fastest-growing manufacturing company in the United States. We’re proud to continue the industrial legacy of North Carolina, and to make kids furniture for growing imaginations.
ABOUT THIS ROLE:
- You’ll work directly with our Chief Brand Officer and VP of Creative Services to support aligned, strategic brand messaging through owned and paid channels.
- You’ll partner with the Brand Marketing Team to develop strategic creative executions for all consumer touchpoints: digital, content, social, copy and experiential – acting as the pivotal linchpin that ensures the creative execution meets the communication brief and business goals.
- You’ll partner with the VP of Creative Services to guide the Creative team in the development of cohesive, creative campaign work. The Creative services team will look to you for input as they develop their individual contributions and you’ll be responsible for “pulling it all together” to present to Marketing and Leadership stakeholders.
- You’ll stay on top of social communications and cultural trends, viewing them through a “Nugget lens” and directing creative work that marries these trends with our brand values. This will set the bar for how we can develop and iterate with new platforms and creative approaches.
- You’ll take an innovative approach to your work and push us into uncharted territory, injecting hints of Nuggety, unexpected magic into all channels – keeping current consumers energized, inspired and having fun, and creating new Nugget superfans.
- You’ll manage, coach, and develop a team of 2-3 direct reports, including an Associate Art Director and a Social Media Manager, by providing ongoing leadership support, performance management, regular Check-ins and 1:1’s, and delivering semiannual Reviews.
- You’ll contribute to planning longer-term brand strategy, but also react nimbly as new opportunities arise - helping our team find that great balance between evergreen content and foundational brand presence, as well as opportunities to test/learn or surprise and delight our fans.
- You’ll support the Brand Manager and Associate Art Director by guiding partnerships with content creators, collaborators, and partners, with the ultimate goal of developing new, engaging content.
- You’ll create and deliver engaging presentations for our Marketing team to inform, inspire, and exemplify not only the creative ideas, but how those ideas tie back to strategy.
- You’ll partner with our Creative Producer and Marketing Project Manager to help create new processes that allow our internal Creative Team to do their best work, as well as refine communication systems to ensure cross-functional alignment.
- You have 8-10 years of experience leading creative teams in a Brand Marketing/Communications setting – and have a book or portfolio of thoughtful and innovative work that reflect that.
- You have experience concepting, delivering and executing creative/design campaigns for leading consumer brands, with a specific focus on developing photo and video content.
- You have an understanding of design fundamentals and are comfortable and confident giving specific and constructive feedback to artists in the design and illustration space.
- You are an organized leader who can multitask and prioritize the brand’s needs AND delegate to team members and/or freelance or vendor resources when required.
- You have an understanding of the digital marketing space, and understand the unique needs of DTC companies (particularly consumer goods).
- You are innately curious, always asking “what if”, “why don’t we” and “could we” - and know how to take an idea from concept to exceptional execution.
- You look forward to collaborating with others and get inspired by working with others to get results.
- You can anticipate future trends, implications and possibilities and translate them into creative strategies that show a clear connection between vision and action.
- You can effectively organize and manage complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems and move projects forward.
- You enjoy creative problem solving – coming up with useful ideas and ways of thinking that are new, better, or unique, and taking those creative ideas and putting them into practice!
- You don’t shy away from taking on tough assignments and can step up to address difficult issues – providing direct and actionable feedback to others and being willing to champion your ideas.
- You approach work with a “no job is too small” attitude, and have a curious mind - always willing to learn and grow your imagination.
- Travel requirements: You are able to travel between North Carolina and Georgia periodically as determined by business needs, with advance notice provided.
- Competitive Pay + Annual Company Bonus
- Medical, Dental, and Vision covered at 100% for employees
- PTO, Holidays, and Winter Break
- 401k Employer Match
- Paid parental leave
- Free Nugget + Team Discount
*Our compensation philosophy:
Here at Nugget we don't negotiate compensation. This comes from research that shows negotiations often result in arbitrary differences in pay – not based on differences in ability, but based on who is better at negotiating. For that reason, we like to offer the amount upfront that we believe is fair for the job, rather than offer a lower amount that builds in the expectation for negotiating. To add a bit more context, our process is centered in industry data, which factors in our stage/size of company, job classification, experience and skill, to make sure that we have fair and transparent numbers for our regional market.
Nugget is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.